[asterisk-users] two steps when calling from web!

Christopher Harrington chris at acsdi.com
Wed Jan 23 09:42:21 CST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM, Muhammad <mohammad.ghazavi at gmail.com>wrote:

> -1 in normal way, when I type the number in softphone, it call the number
> and show me just "End" bottom.
> 2- when I calling the number through the web, it show me "Answer" bottom
> and I have to click answer to calling then number. it is 2 steps to calling
> from web.

For Asterisk, there is no way to bring a device in on a call unless
Asterisk dials out to it first. That device needs to accept the
Asterisk-originated call as if a normal call were incoming.

When I was referring to headers, I was talking about SIP headers that allow
many hardware SIP phones to go into what is effectively an intercom mode,
not requiring an explicit answer function. I don't know (off of the top of
my head) how to set SIP headers from the AMI originate action, but I
suppose there probably is some way to do it. Then question then becomes
whether or not your softphone supports it.

Otherwise, there may be an option to configure your softphone to simply
automatically answer all incoming calls.

--
-Chris Harrington
ACSDi Office: 763.559.5800