[asterisk-users] Which tool to edit custom reports from CDR and queues logs ?

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Fri Jan 11 09:52:26 CST 2013

We are just delivering version 2 of our ADTransform data connector.
It would allow your to read in your CDR files, manipulate them, validate
them and put out JasperReports based on the data.

It has a plug-in based workflow engine so that file transfers,
input,transformation, validation, logging, reporting and automated
report/file delivery steps can be added as required.

Out of the box it supports CSV and Excel files for input and output and
other connectors such as JBDC, OBDC, webservices, extraction using
custom APIs can be added  as plug-ins.
It supports JasperReports out of the box.
It supports FTP for getting and sending data and e-mail for sending
reports, logs and data.

I am guessing that you might want to suck in all of the CDRs, apply some
mappings to add location or user specific information for reporting and
then run a series of JasperReports to provide summary and detail
reports, possibly extract data for billing/chargeback and the deliver
the data and reports through e-mail to the appropriate recipients.

It is a pure Java application that is OS agnostic.
We are looking at Raspberry support as part of version 3.

The original motivation for the product was the LMS market where data
needs to be integrated from Payroll and HRIS to be feed into the LMS and
certification and other training history data needs to be extracted to
go to work scheduling or HRIS systems.

As a small Asterisk user, I think that I can understand where your
requirement is coming from.

http://www.artifact-software.com/?page_id=929 is the website link if you
want more info.
A short brochure is available. If anyone wants one, please contact me
off-list.

Ron

On 11/01/2013 5:22 AM, Olivier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to edit reports showing how fast operator and users
> answer incoming calls.
> Users are spread over 6 locations, each with its own asterisk instance.
> Operator is on main site.
> Users have "casual" extension but operator logs as queue agent.
>
> I've read or/and tried Star2Billing's CDR-Stats and A2Billing,
> Asternic Call center Stats,.
> I'm wondering if using a BI tool such as Jasper Reports would be
> preferable.
>
> Which tool would you suggest to build custom reports ?
>
> Regards
>

> --

Ron Wheeler
President