[asterisk-users] Verizon SIP "trunking" Field Trial

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Fri Jan 4 12:30:51 CST 2013

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Eric Wieling <EWieling at nyigc.com> wrote:

> Trust me, Verizon doesn't really provide support.    What they will do is
> tell you something different (often conflicting stuff) when you send in a
> ticket.    One time they tell us the From must be in e.164 format, other
> times they say it does not.    We asked for an updated Interop guide weeks
> ago and they have not provided us anything.  We have been with VZ SIP for
> years so I wanted an updated interop guide so we can point them to it when
> they tell us something which conflicts with their docs.  Don't get me
> started on trying to upgrade our service with them..

Sounds like the same huge effort it takes to work with Qwest/Centurylink,
and in the long run we found it simply isn't worth it.  The few benefits of
working with an RBOC are countered by the many drawbacks of working with an
RBOC.

Also we recently acquired a half million minutes/mo from a company who was
tired of dealing with Qwest SIP.  They said the same thing I said above.

I suppose the point of what I'm saying is you should really think about
what you think you will gain from a relationship with them, and whether all
this is worth it ("all this" means now and how their attitude will affect
you forever).

--
Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve