[asterisk-users] Top Posting

john at millican.us john at millican.us
Wed Jan 2 12:34:42 CST 2013

On 1/2/2013 1:10 PM, Don Kelly wrote:
> It is not hard to follow the rules .  If the nice folks at Digium took the
> time to post rules we should at least TRY to follow them. If you do not like
> the rules you can always petition Digium to change them but, taking up
> bandwidth on the list in this all to frequent pissing match is a futile
> waste of time.
>
> Grow up, follow the rules, have a good day.
> JohnM
>
> I'm 69, not too likely to do much more growing up, and I do follow the
> rules, unless the thread is already top-posted.
>
> I'm young enough, though, that I don't have a problem discussing change, and
> I thought I had started a new thread with the Top Posting subject so you
> wouldn't need to waste your time looking at it.
>
> If there were change, I'd think it would be better to come from the list
> users rather than from Digium.
>
> If you'd like to add real value to this discussion, you might respond to my
> request for information on what product/procedure/whatever would enable me
> to follow and participate in bottom-posted discussions as it doesn't appear
> that Outlook or gmail are very effective.
>
>    --Don

Umm, what about positioning the cursor below the previous post before
writing your reply in outlook, I used to do it all the time when forced
to use outlook by company policy or such. Click on scroll bar drag -> to
bottom of reply -> click in message body, about a half seconds time,
maybe a full second if you choose to move slowly. Admittedly though it
has been a few versions since I have been forced to use Outlook, I
currently use Thunderbird for mail and can set it to start my reply on
top or at the bottom.

JohnM