[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Wed Jan 2 14:16:26 CST 2013

On 1/2/2013  Don Kelly wrote:
> ... what product/procedure/whatever would
> enable me to follow and participate in bottom-posted discussions as it
> doesn't appear that Outlook or gmail are very effective.

Umm, what about positioning the cursor below the previous post before
writing your reply in outlook, I used to do it all the time when forced to
use outlook by company policy or such. Click on scroll bar drag -> to bottom
of reply -> click in message body, about a half seconds time, maybe a full
second if you choose to move slowly. Admittedly though it has been a few
versions since I have been forced to use Outlook, I currently use
Thunderbird for mail and can set it to start my reply on top or at the
bottom.

JohnM

I don't have any problem getting my reply to the bottom of the email, but
Outlook doesn't do any indenting or >> or anything (Makes in-line comments
really hard to work with). When people following the rules trim everything,
I end up seeing "Works for me" "Me too" with no way of following the thread
to see what they're talking about (especially if the subject is "Merry
Christmas" and they're talking about Razberry Pi).

I don't think Outlook does what I'd like, so I'm not limiting my options. I
can use different email to keep track of the Asterisk lists.

  --Don