[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Wed Jan 2 10:20:35 CST 2013

> > I'm the opposite.  I'm likely not to scroll down 10 pages to see the
> > comments at the end.
>
> Wouldn't need to if people trimmed their posts properly.

Precisely (e.g., see above)! Indeed, my sense is that top-posting
*discourages* properly trimming email and that's my main reason against it.
If things were properly trimmed, the email would be short enough that it
really doesn't matter that much if the new material is on the top or bottom,
but people who top-post and don't trim create really hard-to-follow emails.

Good point.  I've found myself having to "edit and trim" replies to  poorly
constructed conversations in the past because we got to the N'th iteration
using either or both formats.

In this "properly trimmed" example, there's no record of who said what. I
like top posting--with trimming that removes no value and a resultant
message that has the entire history so I can delete the older messages. As
Outlook doesn't support the usenet approach to mail lists, what do people
recommend for a good way of managing this type of list?

  --Don