[asterisk-users] Top Posting

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Jan 2 10:06:27 CST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Richard Kenner
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:00 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Top Posting

> > I'm the opposite.  I'm likely not to scroll down 10 pages to see the
> > comments at the end.
>
> Wouldn't need to if people trimmed their posts properly.

Precisely (e.g., see above)! Indeed, my sense is that top-posting
*discourages* properly trimming email and that's my main reason against it.
If things were properly trimmed, the email would be short enough that it
really doesn't matter that much if the new material is on the top or bottom,
but people who top-post and don't trim create really hard-to-follow emails.

--
Good point.  I've found myself having to "edit and trim" replies to  poorly
constructed conversations in the past because we got to the N'th iteration