[asterisk-users] Caller ID to be identical across all lines

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Feb 17 14:30:37 CST 2013

On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Paul Edgar wrote:

>  I have tried to change the caller ID in the trunk routes there was no
> differnece, what i do at the moment is sent 09974xxxx calls to the IVR
> of 09271xxxx but it would be nice to have an elegant solution.  Is the
> caller ID generated at the phone exchange , if so, i probably cannot
> change it.

It depends on your PSTN termination company.

Some let you set CID to anything, some to any DID you rent from them, some
not at all.

You should ask them what format they want/allow the CID specified -- how
many digits, country code, punctuation, etc. If you don't follow their
format, all bets are off.

--
Thanks in advance,