[asterisk-users] Quick start configuration sample for "chan_dahdi.conf"

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 13 06:39:15 CST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 03:38:09PM +0100, Shitian Long wrote:
> I am really a beginner of PRI ISDN board, I am wondering if there is a "quick start" chan_dahdi.conf configuration I could use.

For starters, there's the example / reference chan_dahdi.conf:

http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/trunk/configs/chan_dahdi.conf.sample

Replace 'trunk' with 'tags/<version>' for the a specific version.

> I tried to install two "FreePBX" boxes  follow the instructions from
> "http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/Asterisk/DahdiT1trunk.html"

Minor nit: generally there's no need to quote FreePBX and URLs. I
believe that for URLs it actually does harm as it increases the chance
of people accidentally copying the quote marks as part of the URL.

Do you have FreePBX installed or not?

You can consider Asterisk to be a PBX toolkit and FreePBX to be a PBX
created with that toolkit. FreePBX has its own versions for
configuration files. Specifically the version it has for chan_dahdi.conf
does not look like the one you have.

> connected them between PRIs, It worked. And now if I refer the FreePBX
> "chan_dahdi.conf"  it looks like "http://pastebin.com/kfWWL6dm" and it

That's just wrong.

The section name "[global]" is not special in chan_dahdi.conf. It will
be parsed as a specific channel section (parsed after [channels])
The section names [general] (that you happen to use) and [globals] will
not be parsed: they are reserved for future use.

Ignoring the section [trunkgroups], which you should not care about in
your setup, your configuration should look either as:

[channels]
; global settings

; Per-channel-settings
channel => <chan-spec1>

; Per-channel-settings
channel => <chan-spec2>

or:
[channels]
; global settings

[sec1]
dahdichan => <chan-spec1>
; Per-channel-settings

[sec2]
dahdichan => <chan-spec2>
; Per-channel-settings

Alternatively:

[channels]
; global settings

#include dahdi-channels.conf

and generate /etc/asterisk/dahdi-channels.conf (as well as
/etc/dahdi/system.conf) by running dahdi_genconf. That should get you
started.

> seems there is no specific configuration in FreePBX "chan_dahdi.conf". And now I tried to add "[global]
> [3:33pm]  #include dahdi-channels.conf" into chan_dahdi.conf. and do a "static-host*CLI> dahdi restart "  still seems no progress…

Note that Asterisk will barf if it encounters an #include of a file that
does not exist.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com