[asterisk-users] About Asterisk with Digium TE405P PRI ISDN cad

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 09:31:36 CST 2013

On Monday 11 February 2013, Shitian Long wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to connect two asterisks with PRI connection. One asterisk has
> TE405P Quad PRI ports card, anther asterisk has TE110P 1 PRI port card.
>
> I am wondering if there would be some step by step guide that I could
> follow to to this kind of connection?
>
> Thanks

If you want to connect the two boxes together via the telephone network, then
you will need appropriate NTEs  (Network termination Equipment -- the boundary
between where the telco's responsibility ends and yours begins)  installed,
and the telco should give you cables -- or at least advise on wiring.
Connecting an Asterisk card to an NTE requires a straight-through cable.

If you just want to connect the boxes directly  (aot via the telephone
network)  then you will need to make up a special cable.  Get CAT5 cable,
plugs and crimping tool.  (If you are especially lazy, you can even just cut
the plug off one end of a pre-wired CAT5 cable, and crimp your own in place of
where it used to be.)  Now you need to swap over pin 1 (WHITE/orange) with pin
5 (WHITE/blue) and pin 2 (ORANGE/white) with pin 4 (BLUE/white).  It won't do
any harm leaving pins 3, 6, 7 and 8 connected, and it will make crimping up
the plugs easier.

One end:  Standard wiring.
1: WHITE/orange 2: ORANGE/white 3: WHITE/green 4: BLUE/white 5: WHITE/blue 6:
GREEN/white 7: WHITE/brown 8: BROWN/white

Other end:  Special wiring for ISDN crossover.
1: WHITE/blue 2: BLUE/white 3: WHITE/green 4: ORANGE/white 5: WHITE/orange 6:
GREEN/white 7: WHITE/brown 8: BROWN/white

Don't forget, one of the machines has to be told  (in chan-dahdi.conf)  to
pretend it is an NTE rather than subscriber's equipment!

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.