[asterisk-users] About Asterisk with Digium TE405P PRI ISDN cad

Shitian Long longst.cn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:19:16 CST 2013

On Feb 11, 2013, at 4:31 PM, A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk> wrote:

> On Monday 11 February 2013, Shitian Long wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to connect two asterisks with PRI connection. One asterisk has
>> TE405P Quad PRI ports card, anther asterisk has TE110P 1 PRI port card.
>>
>> I am wondering if there would be some step by step guide that I could
>> follow to to this kind of connection?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> If you want to connect the two boxes together via the telephone network, then
> you will need appropriate NTEs  (Network termination Equipment -- the boundary
> between where the telco's responsibility ends and yours begins)  installed,
> and the telco should give you cables -- or at least advise on wiring.
> Connecting an Asterisk card to an NTE requires a straight-through cable.
>
> If you just want to connect the boxes directly  (aot via the telephone
> network)  then you will need to make up a special cable.  Get CAT5 cable,
> plugs and crimping tool.  (If you are especially lazy, you can even just cut
> the plug off one end of a pre-wired CAT5 cable, and crimp your own in place of
> where it used to be.)  Now you need to swap over pin 1 (WHITE/orange) with pin
> 5 (WHITE/blue) and pin 2 (ORANGE/white) with pin 4 (BLUE/white).  It won't do
> any harm leaving pins 3, 6, 7 and 8 connected, and it will make crimping up
> the plugs easier.
>

> One end:  Standard wiring.
> 1: WHITE/orange 2: ORANGE/white 3: WHITE/green 4: BLUE/white 5: WHITE/blue 6:
> GREEN/white 7: WHITE/brown 8: BROWN/white
>
> Other end:  Special wiring for ISDN crossover.
> 1: WHITE/blue 2: BLUE/white 3: WHITE/green 4: ORANGE/white 5: WHITE/orange 6:
> GREEN/white 7: WHITE/brown 8: BROWN/white

Thanks for your message, at moment, I have an Asterisk with a TE405P Quad ports PRI ISDN card,
Span 1 connect to a NT(network terminal) equipment, which is a GSM gateway with straight cable
Span 2 connect to a TE(telecom equipment), which is an another asterisk installation with TE110P, with cross PRI rewiring cable.

At moment, I think the cable are properly connected, since I check out TE405P card, actually two ports indicate green. TE110P indicate Green. And GSM Gateway LAY1 indicate Green, but LAY2 indicate blinking green.

I am tying to process the following work according to http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas/Asterisk/DahdiT1trunk.html

And may I have some general ISDN questions:

according to dahdi_tools, I would be able to check configuration from TE405P card.

It has following configurations :

Current Alarms:     No alarms.
Sync Source:        T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1
IRQ Misses:               0
Bipolar Viol:             0
Tx/Rx Levels:         0/  0
Total/Conf/Act:      31/ 31/  0
1111111111222222222233
1234567890123456789012345678901

my question is what is meaning of each of configuration mentioned above?

Thanks