[asterisk-users] dahdi-channels.conf parameters

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Tue Feb 5 16:34:38 CST 2013

> I've always used dahdi-genconf to just create the dahdi-channels.conf
> and since our PRI is fairly simple (just dump all the channels into
> one
> group) it works with dialing with dahdi/g1/(number). I'm trying to
> understand the file though for my own reference.
>
> It seems the file looks like this:
>
> group=0,11
> context=from-pstn
> switchtype = national
> signalling = pri_cpe
> channel => 1-23
> context = default
> group = 63
>
> So what I don't get is why group is specified with 0,11. Is that
> groups
> 0 and groups 11? And then it has a random group = 63 at the end. And
> dial with group 1 (dahdi/g1), but it seems to work? :) It's
> completely
> confused me as to why this actually works.

The starting configuration file is chan_dahdi.conf which may subsequently
include a dahdi-channels.conf file.  The thing to remember with
chan_dahdi.conf is all options are cumulative.  Channels are created
using the cumulative configuration when the
channel => 1-23
line is processed.  Anything after that line will not affect
channels 1-23 since they are already created.

Depending on where in the configuration the snippet you posted is
found will determine if it even has any effect.

Richard