[asterisk-users] CallerID external call after Attended Transfer

Steven Howes steve-lists at geekinter.net
Mon Feb 4 07:29:46 CST 2013

On 4 Feb 2013, at 12:53, Jonas Kellens wrote:
> I call with my cellphone to our public telephone number
> Our receptionist answers the incoming call and does an attended transfer to my colleague ( A )
> Colleague answers and the receptionist tells him that I am on the other side.
> Receptionist transfers the call and I am connected to my colleague ( B )
>

> My question is about the CallerID that the "colleague" sees on his IP-phone.
>
> In step A the colleague sees the CallerID of the receptionist, which I normal.
> In step B, after I am connected to my colleague, the colleague still sees the CallerID of the receptionist (and not my cellphone number).
>
> How come my colleague does not see my cellphone number ? What is the correct setting ( IP-phone ? Asterisk ? ) to obtain this functionality.

It's called connected line ID (it sends clid updates when things change). Asterisk supports it in recent versions (i believe 1.8 is sufficient) - your handsets may or may not (their method of transfer, and their ability to process the updates can affect it's workability). Given you've not mentioned your handsets, we cant make that judgement for you.

Steve