[asterisk-users] Convert Asterisk Appliance (AA50) to "Open" Asterisk?

Todd R. tjrlist at live.com
Sat Dec 28 13:37:10 CST 2013

May not be what you are looking for exactly but search Google for "Nerd Vittles BeagleBone". I am not suggesting you use that exact solution but, reading the article with give you all sorts if ideas about what you could use in your situation.

The BeagleBone is a small form factor computer like the Raspberry Pi but more powerful for not much more $$. They have a few builds you can out in it with full instructions. For your analog lines you could just use a couple if cheap SIP gateway devices which I think run $50-80/ea. USD.

In a small environment, this is what I would be using these days and I am itching to build something on the BeagleBone boards.

Total solution with a few SIP gateway devices should not cost you much at all. The boards are under $50 and a nice little case can be had for under $18 or maybe way less.

You could likely use your existing device as a pass through for your analog lines if you don't want to purchase the SIP gateways right away.

Let me know if you go down this road and what your results are. Good luck.