[asterisk-users] [OT] Does Energy Savings mode exist with BRI/PtP ?

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 03:55:53 CST 2013

2013/12/12 jg <webaccounts at jgoettgens.de>

>  Anyway, refering to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_Services_Digital_Network / Basic
> rate Interface paragraph, my setup includes :
>  - a single network termination unit, installed and managed by telco, is
> connected to public network through 2 twisted pairs,
>  - this unit includes two small electronic cards,
>  - each card has two RJ45 sockets,
>  - each card is connected through a single Cat5 straight, 1m long patch
> cord to a single BRI port from my Patton box,
>  - both Patton's BRI ports are managed as a "hunt group" (for outbound
> calls),
>  - for inbound, I didn't checked but usually, Telco sends one call on one
> interface, the next one and the next interface.
>
>  So to summarize, (I think):
>  - I'm getting ISDN signal from two distinct copper pairs,
>  - it is not an S0-bus.
>
> "Termination Unit" probably means you get the T reference point and behind
> the unit you do have the S reference point with a 4 wire signal, which
> would be a standard setup.
>

>> Are you sure that your are not dealing with termination issues?
>>
>  Try sending a T.30 fax with fine resolution and ecm enabled when your
>> connection is up. If it takes too long or fails, this is something to look
>> at.
>

>  Can you elaborate a bit ?
>
> Maybe it is easier if you could  mention your country and your telco. I
> would guess you are either in France or Belgium, but I could be wrong. Then
> we could simply lookup what is relevant for you.

My telco is Orange in France.

>   I'm using an old Asterisk 1.6.1 version there so I can't rely on
> T.38/T.30 gateway feature at the moment.
>
> I said T.30 and not T.38

Yes of course, I was referring to T.38 and completly forgot about pure G711
faxing with Asterisk sending T.30 fax to the Patton gateway,through SendFAX
application.
Please, apologize for forgetting this.

> and the complete explanation would be rather technical. In essence a T.30
> fax with ecm enabled does not react nicely to certain signaling errors and
> pertubations and this is easy to detect.

I'll try to to send a 10-pages long fax and report here my findings.