[asterisk-users] [OT] Does Energy Savings mode exist with BRI/PtP ?

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Mon Dec 16 04:16:59 CST 2013

> I'll try to to send a 10-pages long fax and report here my findings.
2 pages are enough to see whether there are any problems.

As far as P2MP signaling is concerned, you can hook up to 8 devices (64 <= TEI < 127) to such a
PSTN connection. To simplify installations, there is usually a bus topology, but proper
termination can be problem (in rare cases).

I am not familiar with the details and terminology in France, but have a look at little box in
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Termination_for_ISDN_Basic_rate_Access. If this looks
familiar, you do have an S0 bus.

If you do have an S0 bus and a P2MP connection, then it is somewhat easier to dissect the problem.

jg