[asterisk-users] Strange issues with newly rebooted machine

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Tue Aug 6 11:08:30 CDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Mike Diehl <mdiehlenator at gmail.com> wrote:

> I appreciate your quick response.  I issued the commands specified and
> got NO output!

> CLI> core set verbose 10
> Verbosity was 25 and is now 10
> CLI> core set debug 10
> Core debug was 25 and is now 10
> CLI> module unload chan_sip.so
> CLI> module load chan_sip.so

> The reason we had to reboot the machine is that we changed it's
> physical location, but didn't change it's IP address.  As part of the
> restart, I also took the opportunity to rebuild a RAID-1 array.  Other
> than that, there have been no configuration changes since the last
> time this worked.
>
> Any other ideas?

Are the phone still working?  I've noticed that realtime registered peers
don't always show when I do "sip show peers" or even "sip show peer *name*".
I usually only see the peer if I make a call to the peer or the peer makes
a call first.

Do you have rtcachefriends=yes in your sip.conf?

--
Thanks,
Warren Selby, dCAP