[asterisk-users] sip registration

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Apr 6 16:36:43 CDT 2013

A better subject will yield better replies.

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Thomas Perron wrote:

> Shouldnt I be able to at least ping the SIP provider IP?

Not if they don't allow it. They don't.

sip3.voipvoip.com registers fine for me with your credentials.

Did you put the registration statement in the [general] section?

I use the 'append' format so I can group all the cruft for a provider
together. Like:

; voipvoip.com
[general](+)
         register                        = nnnnnnnnnn:xxxxxx at sip3.voipvoip.com/nnnnnnnnnn
[outgoing]
         secret                          = xxxxxx
         username                        = nnnnnnnnnn

> I have not configured anything other then entries in the sip.conf

I used your credentials and successfully placed a call to all of my
Caribbean premium numbers*.

Please change your password. Maybe your issue lies elsewhere. Does
enabling SIP debugging on the console yield any clues?

*) just kidding.

--
Thanks in advance,