[asterisk-users] sip registration

Thomas Perron thomas.perron at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 15:04:53 CDT 2013

I have a very lite layout and attempting to get the SIP configuration set
up initially before proceeding into other areas.

VMware is running my Asterisk 11 on Ubuntu 12.

Shouldnt I be able to at least ping the SIP provider IP?
I run command "sip show registry" and do not see it set up.
I run sip show peers and I do see an entry.

I have not configured anything other then entries in the sip.conf

results are:

Name/username             Host                                    Dyn
Forcerport ACL Port     Status      Description
outgoing/5552530146 (your
69.90.209.57                                               5060     OK (85
ms)
1 sip peers [Monitored: 1 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 0
offline]
Asterisk*CLI> sip show registry
Host                                    dnsmgr Username       Refresh
State                Reg.Time
0 SIP registrations.
Asterisk*CLI>

my config is this:

[outgoing]
username=5552530146 (your VoIP VoIP account assigned while signing up)
type=peer
qualify=yes
secret=iblockedthis (your VoIP VoIP password)
nat=auto
insecure=invite,port
host=sip3.voipvoip.com
fromuser=5552530146 (your VoIP VoIP account assigned while signing up)
fromdomain=sip3.voipvoip.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ilbc
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
;
;
;
;
;
;register => 5552530146:7036361399 at 69.90.209.57/5552530146
register=>5552530146:boston!@#123 at sip3.voipvoip.com/5552530146
;

Please send input or guidance...

Thanks