[asterisk-users] Fundemental changes to CDR within single asterisk family

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 03:05:29 CDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-26 at 07:26 -0500, Matthew Jordan wrote:
> On 03/26/2013 05:22 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > In asterisk 1.8.7.0, an inbound call that was transferred to another
> > peer would have 2 cdr entries.
> >
> > In asterisk 1.8.18.0 this same activity has a single cdr entry.
> >
> > This is a rather large and fundamental change to be enacting halfway
> > through a single family branch, was there any reason why this happened?
> > It means we can't upgrade without doing significant extra development
> > and testing.
> >

> This was most likely an unintended consequence of some other change
> (most likely dealing with masquerades). Is 1.8.18.0 the exact version
> when the behaviour changed?
>
> Just so I'm clear on the scenario, what are the channel technologies
> involved? Is the transfer initiated via a protocol message or via a DTMF
> feature?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Hi Matt

Did you ever spot/recreate the change I was referring to?

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552