[asterisk-users] ring group failure with "ExtensionState: 4"

asterisk at newkirk.us asterisk at newkirk.us
Thu Apr 4 00:37:10 CDT 2013

New installation from AsteriskNow 3.0.0 with asterisk 11 and freepbx,
running Digium D40 and D70 phones.

Direct-dialed extensions work fine, but extensions in RingGroup won't
ring - dialparties.agi apparently removes them from the dialstring
pre-emptively:

 dialparties.agi: EXTENSION_STATE: 4 (UNKNOWN)
 dialparties.agi: Extension 2010 has ExtensionState: 4

What can I do?  Any extension that is actually registered and
available is being removed, then the ring group drops through to
'Destination if no answer'.  I've got a town hall waiting for this
system and I've never seen this problem before.  Googling finds a few
people with this problem, but I've not found a solution posted
anywhere yet.