[asterisk-users] AGI HANGUP PROBLEM

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 09:05:47 CDT 2012

In article <CAJUJwtig7YZk4+kB3C6SdU6zhB_+vWSg-OY0PiBw0MaEeed4Hw at mail.gmail.com>,
SamyGo <govoiper at gmail.com> wrote:

> So basically the FXO cards configurations need to be tweaked i.e
> hanguponpolarityinverse=yes etc.
> Since this is a Hangup request initiated by the SIP client, Asterisk then
> atleast it should close all the media streams and channel should get
> deleted.
> Keeping an eye on BYE : *CLI> "sip set debug on" Then make this call and
> see if a SIP BYE method is triggered properly and appears on screen.
> More likely you need to look into you dahdi configs.
>
> Thanks,
> Sammy

I think you are misunderstanding the OP's issue.

Hangup on polarity reversal would only apply if Asterisk were making the
call to a phone and wanted to me informed if the phone (called party)
hung up.

The OP's situation is different. The extension below is invoked by an
INCOMING call to Asterisk, and he is then trying to hang up that call
from the Asterisk (called) end.

If the caller is a SIP phone, that is fine, as either end can hang up.

Hi problem is that when the incoming call is via his FXO port, the PSTN
does not drop the call when the Asterisk end hangs up the FXO line. In
this scenario there is on SIP involved. The problem is that the PSTN
will not drop the call when the called party on an analogue line hangs
up, until after a long timeout. There is usually no solution to this.

Cheers
Tony

Tony Mountifield