[asterisk-users] high capacity analog <-> sip gateway

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Thu Oct 25 15:29:19 CDT 2012

On 10/25/2012 04:21 PM, Justin Killen wrote:

just talking in general terms here I have found this sort of hardware is
not the most reliable, and the more physical devices you spread it
across the more fault tolerant you are of a single fault taking down a
big chunk of your users.

I wouldn't go more than a 24port device and for 100 users I would get 5
or 6 of them depending on the exact numbers and have one as a hot spare
that can just be swapped in quickly if one of the others dies.

my analog stuff is all on spaxxxx or pap2t right now and I find that
working out better for me than T1 card and channel bank was in the past,
but the cabling is not as neat and tidy. Its a lot easier pill to
swallow when 2 extensions die than 24 for me.