[asterisk-users] Caller ID DTMF is not coming

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Thu Oct 11 22:45:50 CDT 2012

> Alexander Tarasov
> Sent: Friday, 12 October 2012 12:10 p.m.
> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> Subject: [asterisk-users] Caller ID DTMF is not coming
>
> Hi.
>
> I have a problem with the Caller ID in Ukraine - it is not
> coming, but I sure that telco is providing it as a DTMF. I
> have recorded the line using dahdi_monitor:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20000962/dtmf.wav
> The record contains DTMF codes, first ring and answer of
> dialplan -- it is just Playtones(1004/1000) .
>
> I have set "cidsignalling=dtmf" and tried all choices for "cidstart"
> (dtmf, polarity, ring), but have no luck.
>
> If you will open the record in the audio editor, you will see
> that the first digit (DTMF "D") is quite louder than other
> digits (7495727C). Is this normal? I have adjusted my
> "rxgain" parameter on that dahdi channel, so I think it is
> the telco issue (DTMF sound overload at its output side).

You'll need to enable DTMF logging in 'logger.conf'
  dtmf => dtmf
Then you can watch /var/log/dtmf or whereever it is on your system.

Also since Asterisk 1.8.18.0-rc1 there are some options in dsp.conf that may
assist, these are to do with DTMF threshold levels.
Have a look at configs/dsp.conf.sample

The options are;
  dtmf_reverse_twist
  dtmf_normal_twist
  relax_dtmf_reverse_twist
  relax_dtmf_normal_twist

Initally I'd set all to 100, you may get talkoff when on a call, but atleast
you'll know if CID is working.

Then set back to the appropraite standards of Ukraine, ETSI AT&T etc.

Alec Davis