[asterisk-users] Caller ID DTMF is not coming

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Mon Oct 15 16:39:22 CDT 2012

> > Alexander Tarasov
> > Sent: Friday, 12 October 2012 12:10 p.m.
> > To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> > Subject: [asterisk-users] Caller ID DTMF is not coming
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have a problem with the Caller ID in Ukraine - it is not
> coming, but I sure that telco is providing it as a DTMF.

> You'll need to enable DTMF logging in 'logger.conf'
>   dtmf => dtmf
> Then you can watch /var/log/dtmf or whereever it is on your system.
>
> Also since Asterisk 1.8.18.0-rc1 there are some options in
> dsp.conf that may assist, these are to do with DTMF threshold levels.
> Have a look at configs/dsp.conf.sample
>
> The options are;
>   dtmf_reverse_twist
>   dtmf_normal_twist
>   relax_dtmf_reverse_twist
>   relax_dtmf_normal_twist
>
> Initally I'd set all to 100, you may get talkoff when on a
> call, but atleast you'll know if CID is working.
>
> Then set back to the appropraite standards of Ukraine, ETSI AT&T etc.

Alexander:

I checked the wav file, and found that the DTMF rate is 70ms on and 70ms
off.
So the duration should be OK with versions prior to 1.8.18.0-rc1

What version of asterisk are you using?
The reason I ask is that for a few releases, the DTMF acceptance duration
had been extended to 4*12.75ms (or 63.5ms including 1 extra block).

Again since 1.8.18.0-rc1, the defaults have been set back to Begin =
2*12.75ms and EndDTMF=3*12.75ms.
They were Begin = 4 * 12.75ms and End = 4 * 12.75

These can also now (since 1.8.18.0-rc1) be set in dsp.conf as below, the
values used below are also the defaults.
  dtmf_hits_to_begin=2
  dtmf_misses_to_end=3

Alec Davis