[asterisk-users] How to log caller IP address in the CDR?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 5 07:29:50 CDT 2012

On 10/05/2012 02:10 PM, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hello
>
> We had this situation:
>
> Some bot-net did try to guess SIP logins and finally succeeded. The Asterisk
> Server was abused to call a large number of expensive destinations.

I'm sorry to hear that. In the Asterisk source there is a doc that
focuses on security. you might want to read that. Google should give you
more information about Asterisk/SIP security. Also you may want to
install something like fail2ban which prevents brute forcing by banning
originating IP addresses after a few failed attempts.

Regards,
Patrick