[asterisk-users] How to log caller IP address in the CDR?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Fri Oct 5 09:43:39 CDT 2012

Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hi Joshua and all others who replied.

Hola,

>> exten =>  _X.,1,Set(CDR(userfield)=${CHANNEL(recvip)})
>
> Thank you, that did it.

Glad to hear it!

> It's an asterisk 1.6.2.9 actualy. Are additional CDR fields like CDR(recvip)
> only possible from some newer release or do they have to be defined somewhere?

They are always available BUT the underlying CDR module that you use to
write them out or place them in a database has to have support for doing
so. I don't know the extent of that support I'm afraid, but if you can
see them being useful it might be something to research yourself and
explore.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp