[asterisk-users] How to log caller IP address in the CDR?

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 09:10:51 CDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 14:10 +0200, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Hello
>
> We had this situation:
>
> Some bot-net did try to guess SIP logins and finally succeeded. The Asterisk
> Server was abused to call a large number of expensive destinations.
>
> It is clear that the sip logins have been passed to various persons (probably
> posted on a forum somewhere inviting to do 'free calls').
>
> Right after the affected password was changed, the message log shows which IP
> did try to make calls.
> We also got a few snapshots of 'sip show channels' which show the ip addresses
> of active in call connections.
> So basicly it is known, who abused the service. It was abused from multiple IP
> addresses at the same time.
>
> Legal steps against the abusers have been taken, but to claim the costs of the
> damage they generated we would need to know exactly which calls originated
> from which IP address to put an exact sum of damage done by each of the
> abusers.
>
> Well for this case it is too late now. But is there a way to get the IP
> Address of the SIP Client being logged in each CDR?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Benoit Panizzon
>
> --

Hi

Get info using function SIPCHANINFO
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Function_SIPCHANINFO

Set it to CDR using CDR(userfield)

The above are for 1.8

Regards

Ish

--
Ishfaq Malik <ish at pack-net.co.uk>
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, 2A ENTERPRISE HOUSE, LLOYD STREET
NORTH, MANCHESTER
SCIENCE PARK, MANCHESTER, M156SE
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552