[asterisk-users] Need qualifications of SIP trunk providers

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Nov 30 08:32:46 CST 2012

Daniel - Asterisk wrote:
> Thank you Carlos,
> What does mean 'por-out'?
> I'm expecting 10000 min/month in & out.
> Elder

PORT out = Port or move the number away from a provider

Seems this provider is unaware that one may have moved the number to another provider, and continues to charge when they no longer have the number.

One has to wait until the port is complete and successful to cancel the previous providers account. It seems the user needs to cancel the account with the mentioned provider

John Novack

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Carlos Alvarez <carlos at televolve.com <mailto:carlos at televolve.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Daniel - Asterisk <earohuanca at gmail.com <mailto:earohuanca at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hello List,
>         Since I'm looking for a new VoIP provider for US origination/termination, I will very appreciate if you can chare your experience with Flowroute, Vitelity and Voip.ms
>

>     Vitelity is reliable and decent, but no phone support.  Have not used the others.
>
>     Oh also if you lose a number on Vitelity to a port-out, they won't know and won't stop billing you for it.
>
>     What's your expected volume in/out?
>
>     --
>     Carlos Alvarez
>     TelEvolve