[asterisk-users] SIP not answering on one trunk.

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Wed Nov 28 15:10:22 CST 2012

I did some more testing.
The SIP phone does answer and it stops ringing. The incoming call
(DAHDI) keeps broadcasting a ring tone to the caller's handset even
though the SIP phone stops ringing when the call is picked up and shows
that the call is connected.
Sorry for the confusion.

If the SIP phone does not answer, the call goes through the voicemail
process and takes a message.

Does that help narrow it down?
It looks like I have done something to the Asterisk configuration that
is preventing the bridging of the incoming call to the local extension.
It rings the local, the local picks up but the incoming caller is not
connected and still hears the pbx ringing the SIP phone even though the
SIP phone is no longer actually ringing.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President