[asterisk-users] No more connections allowed.

Eric Wieling EWieling at nyigc.com
Tue Nov 20 15:57:55 CST 2012

No, you don't need your script for this.

Prevent attacks by using fail2ban to block brute force attacks using iptables, securing your server at the OS level, and NEVER EVER EVER let leave the web GUI for FreePBX open to the internet.  I'm sure others have more suggestions.

Over the years 100% of successful attacks against our Asterisk/FreePBX servers (we have 20 or 30 servers) used the FreePBX GUI to get access to the server.   We use very complex passwords for SIP accounts and use a non-default password for the Polycom provisioning user.