[asterisk-users] How to MessageSend to a SIP from AMI Or CLI?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sun Nov 18 13:21:08 CST 2012

On 11/18/2012 05:17 AM, Dan Jenkins wrote:

<snip>

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am running Asterisk 10.10.0 and I can send Message between SIP's no
>> problem. However, I would like to be able to send send Message to a
>> SIP from  AMI Or CLI.  I check the ListCommands On the AMI and it
>> don't have MessageSend. Therefore, I try the SendText.

<snip>

In addition to what Dan said, the MessageSend AMI action was added in
Asterisk 11:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+ManagerAction_MessageSend

While that doesn't help you if you're on Asterisk 10, it will help you
if you choose to migrate to Asterisk 11.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager