[asterisk-users] How to MessageSend to a SIP from AMI Or CLI?

Dan Jenkins dan.jenkins at holidayextras.com
Sun Nov 18 05:17:53 CST 2012

I haven't used send text before in the ami but I would expect the
channel to be the fully qualified one. When you do core show channels
in the cli you get a longer channel name that's unique. I'm not 100%
on this as I haven't used it but when in the ami it says to send
channel, it usually means the unique current channel.

The Asterisk wiki at wiki.asterisk.org is pretty good at showing you
what's required, although their examples could be better,

Hope this helps,

Dan Jenkins