[asterisk-users] Error: astobj2.c: refcount -1 on object

Michael L. Young myoung at acsacc.com
Wed Nov 14 11:48:19 CST 2012

----- Original Message -----

Sorry, I thought I was offering a quick and easy option.  Since, this is a minor release upgrade, there shouldn't (won't say there won't) be any changes to cause you problems.  But, I understand you have to follow your procedures before upgrading.  Software is not perfect.

Since this is not happening all the time, it may take a while for you to try and figure out what is wrong; that is if you can reproduce it.  Therefore, in my opinion, I think you would be better off using your time to consider upgrading especially with a lot of bugs and security updates being in the latest version.  Use that time to run through your regression testing.

Anyways, if you want to go the path to try and figure out what caused this, I beleive you will need to look at the following information:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Reference+Count+Debugging

Hope that helps,

Michael
(elguero)