[asterisk-users] Fax Configuration

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Mon Nov 5 21:17:42 CST 2012

On 11/05/2012 04:18 PM, Roy Abshire wrote:
> What is the best way for me to setup Fax Capability with VOIP only.

You can use T.38, perhaps, if your VoIP provider supports it and you can
get it working.  But unless you need faxes to go through the telephony
system (i.e. you have fax machines hooked up to FXS ports) I'd recommend
using an on-line fax service such as Mainpine's instead of trying to do
fax over VoIP.

Fax over internet-strewn SIP generally isn't going to work very well.

> I have a Asterisk Server hosted on the internet without a modem. I'm
> using Flowroute, which is working awesome, for VOIP calls.
>
> I only  have a SIP Phone at home and two Printer/Scanner/Fax Printers.

So on your MFP you'll scan it instead of using the system's "fax"
capability, and then fax it through the online service.

Thanks,

Lee.