[asterisk-users] twenty thousands (20, 000) users, which asterisk and how many servers?

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 07:16:18 CDT 2012

Hi All;

I need to use Asterisk for 20 000 users, so which asterisk version to be used? Is there asterisk version that supports 20,000 users on one hardware machine?

Can I use one strong hardware server i7 with 64 GB RAM and fast hard desk to handle 20 000 users, and concurrent calls 2000? Or I need multiple servers, how much?

If I am going to use multiple servers (until now I do not know how much, and I do not know if the barrier will be the asterisk software or the hardware), then do I have to use special SIP proxy or I have to use load balancer)? In this case, I have to use asterisk Database (so all the servers will read/write from the database)?

What about AsteriskNow, can it support?

Regards
Bilal