[asterisk-users] British Telecom ISDN BRI line issues

khalid touati khalidtouati at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:50:42 CDT 2012

>Good to hear you got it working with Digium's help. One thing: if
bri_presistentlayer means that the drivers will force the >D-channel to
always be up then do not be surprised if BT disables the ISDN port. They
don't like it if a customer forces them >to power the D-channel all the
time at their expense. And with their ISDN team not contactable it may be a
bit of a >challenge >to get them to enable the port again (after you
promised not to mess with heir D-channel again...).

Hi Patrick,
it seems like you have the magic ball, I think what you described is
exactly what happened:
After we tested the server+ link and we were able to have simultaneous
calls (as expected), and knowing that this server was not touched (not even
rebooted), it is back not dialing through PTP link.The server remained
working from Friday to at least Monday then boom, when I called BT...of
course no explanation.... I am just wondering: their mechanism to miss up
things, is it automatic or manual ( I think automatic).