[asterisk-users] British Telecom ISDN BRI line issues

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun May 13 04:41:11 CDT 2012

On 05/13/2012 03:07 AM, khalid touati wrote:

> My Issie is finally fixed and I can make calls, I received actually from
> digium the fix, I'll try to give as much details as I can to make sure
> people who find this thread understand pb and solution.
>
> Problem: not able to dial calls using BRI from British Telecom
> configured as "system access" or PTP ("standard access which is PTMP
> works fine) (see above for errors thrown)
> Solution: adding this line "options wctdm24xxp bri_persistentlayer1=1"
> to /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf and restarting asterisk and dahdi of course.
> Versions used: asterisk 1.6.2.6 dahdi 2.3.0.1 libpri 1.4.10.2

Good to hear you got it working with Digium's help. One thing: if
bri_presistentlayer means that the drivers will force the D-channel to
always be up then do not be surprised if BT disables the ISDN port. They
don't like it if a customer forces them to power the D-channel all the
time at their expense. And with their ISDN team not contactable it may
be a bit of a challenge to get them to enable the port again (after you
promised not to mess with heir D-channel again...).

> Special thanks to Patrick! thanks and good luck to all!

My pleasure.

Regards,
Patrick