[asterisk-users] British Telecom ISDN BRI line issues

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun May 20 08:22:44 CDT 2012

Hi Khalid,

On 18-05-12 20:50, khalid touati wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
> it seems like you have the magic ball, I think what you described is
> exactly what happened:
> After we tested the server+ link and we were able to have simultaneous
> calls (as expected), and knowing that this server was not touched (not
> even rebooted), it is back not dialing through PTP link.The server
> remained working from Friday to at least Monday then boom, when I called
> BT...of course no explanation.... I am just wondering: their mechanism
> to miss up things, is it automatic or manual ( I think automatic).

As far as I know the telco's monitoring infra will automagically disable
the ISDN port. You can request that the telco disable monitoring of the
port which will prevent them from shutting it down. But if there's
something wrong with the port/linecard on their switch they will no
longer notice. In the end the only solution is to deploy software than
can properly handle the D-channel in all its states.

Regards,
Patrick