[asterisk-users] British Telecom ISDN BRI line issues

khalid touati khalidtouati at gmail.com
Sat May 12 20:07:55 CDT 2012

My Issie is finally fixed and I can make calls, I received actually from
digium the fix, I'll try to give as much details as I can to make sure
people who find this thread understand pb and solution.

Problem: not able to dial calls using BRI from British Telecom configured
as "system access" or PTP ("standard access which is PTMP works fine) (see
above for errors thrown)
Solution: adding this line "options wctdm24xxp bri_persistentlayer1=1" to
/etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf and restarting asterisk and dahdi of course.
Versions used: asterisk 1.6.2.6 dahdi 2.3.0.1 libpri 1.4.10.2
Special thanks to Patrick! thanks and good luck to all!

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Richard Mudgett <rmudgett at digium.com>wrote:

> > Thank you for your reply Patrick!
> > for the first situation, I did try asterisk 1.6.2.6 and dahdi 2.3 but
> > with no success.
> > Can anyone suggest a combination that works till a patch is released?
>
> The patch for the layer1_presence option is in Asterisk 1.8.13.0-rc1 and
> 10.5.0-rc1.
> See chan_dahdi.conf.sample for a description of the new option.
>
> I added a comment to
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13176
> saying which SVN revisions the patches were committed.
>
> Richard
>
> --

Khalid Touati
Network Administrator at Endosoft, LLC