[asterisk-users] Replacing PBX with Asterisk, need feedback on my new architecture.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri May 11 20:42:10 CDT 2012

On 05/11/2012 04:53 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Are you certain that this wouldn't be an issue if the phones had low re-registration intervals?  Historically, I've seen the Asterisk registrar faceplant with throughput in excess of 5-7 registrations/sec, though I have no idea as to whether that holds true of newer releases.

Yes, frequent registrations could be an issue, but when deploying a new
systems it would be wise to not configure the endpoints that fashion :-)
The reasons that people used to do so can now be addressed via other
mechanisms that don't carry the performance penalty of registrations.

However, it would not surprise me in the least if Asterisk 1.8.x and
later handled that volume of registrations without much of a problem.

--
Kevin P. Fleming