[asterisk-users] CBeyond SIP/connect and Asterisk 1.8

David Shauger sollostech at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 09:36:53 CST 2012

We have many installs running Asterisk 1.4 on CBeyond SIP/connect service, but recently did an Elastix 2.2 with Asterisk 1.8.7. This is behind a pfSense 2.0.1 firewall. With the settings from CBeyond, we don't get a stable registration. With the settings we are using now, it works but incoming calls don't always make it to Asterisk and calls over 10 minutes often drop. Seems we are sending multiple registration requests and occasionally we are getting a failure. Does anyone have an Asterisk 1.8 system on CBeyond with settings that work?

Here is what we are using now for Peer:

host=sipconnect.atl0.cbeyond.net
username=XXXXXXXXX
secret=XXXXXXX
srvlookup=no
type=peer
qualify=no
session-timers=refuse
insecure=port,invite
fromdomain=sipconnect.atl0.cbeyond.net
outboundproxy=sip-proxy.atl0.cbeyond.net
dtmfmode=inband
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
sendrpid=yes
trustrpid=yes

User:

type=user
host=sip-proxy-public.atl0.cbeyond.net
dtmfmode=auto
context=from-pstn
session-timers=refuse

David Shauger
Vice President

Sollos Technology Solutions

678-317-9444 x5 - voice
404-886-7603 - cell
772-679-5830 - fax
dave at sollos.com
http://www.sollos.com/

This email has been certified by Comodo
Email certification helps prevent identity theft