[asterisk-users] 911 multple-alert question

Nunya Biznatch asterisk at ihearbanjos.com
Tue Jun 12 18:32:43 CDT 2012

Thanks for the response. You gave me some ideas I didn't think of such
as sending a text message to the on-call security person's cell phone.
However, while I know I can get the 911 call to call other phones, I
also need location data. I know there are ways to do it, but I don't
have the kung-fu for things like databases, and am wondering if there's
something simple in Asterisk like a flat file used to correlate phone
number and location. Then, there's the part of how to get that
additional data to display on a phone. To throw a wrench in it, I don't
want local security to answer, just to be alerted the call is going on
so they can be the first on scene and make themselves available to
direct emergency personnel when they arrive.

Thanks Again!