[asterisk-users] Setting span orders with Astribank and Sangoma A101

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Mon Jun 11 13:40:31 CDT 2012

On 12/06/2012, at 12:00 AM, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:10:29PM +1200, Duncan Turnbull wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> Just a quick check on the best way to ensure multiple cards/devices load in the correct order.
>>
>> Asterisk 1.8 with Sangoma A101 had no problems until we introduced an Astribank.
>>
>> root at pabx377:/etc/asterisk# dahdi_hardware -v
>>
>> usb:001/004          xpp_usb+     e4e4:1162 Astribank-modular FPGA-firmware
>>
>> LABEL=[usb:X1060395]       CONNECTOR=@usb-0000:00:1d.7-3
>>
>>            XBUS-00/XPD-00: FXS      (14)  Span 2
>>
>>            XBUS-00/XPD-10: FXS      (8)   Span 3
>>
>>            XBUS-00/XPD-20: FXS      (8)   Span 4
>>
>>            XBUS-00/XPD-30: FXS      (8)   Span 5
>>
>> pci:0000:05:00.0     wanpipe-     1923:0300 Sangoma Technologies Corp. A101 single-port T1/E1
>>

>> But now they have changed order after reboot to 1-4 and I am guessing that makes the A101 span 5 but I want to make these setting permanent
>>
>> I see mention of  /etc/dahdi/xpp_order and dahdi_genconf xpporder but will that help me set the spans within Dahdi so they always appear on the same number
>
> The word "load" is not the correct one here. The Astribank's span will
> only appear once you run 'dahdi_registration on' . Normally this happens
> in the dahdi init script, but you can tweak it to happen elsewhere.
>
> Another option: if Dahdi 2.6 is an option (no idea if Sangoma supports
> it): that version has an option to reserve span numbers explicitly for
> specific hardware devices. With this we can do away with relying on the
> load order. This is considered experimental (and I wonder how its
> scriptary interacts with the Sangoma scriptary).

We managed to get them  booting in the right order but its probably luck at this point, but It seems either the Astribank and the Sangoma play badly together or the Astribank we have is not well. From a dahdi perspective the Astribank looks well, I can see calls to the unit, the lights come on, and xpp_blink works  well but we have lost voltage in the unit, the extensions cannot break dial tone or answer a call. So on the electrical side it appears to be failing.

> http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/#_span_assignments , but there
> are better ways.
>
> Let me know what you want to do.

We have wired it out using the connector, and were able to plug in an RJ45 in the front but we now can't

I don't know if this is somehow related to interaction with the sangoma, the astribank itself failing or otherwise, but it has made my span problem moot for now.

We are going back this morning to do more tests and possibly put it on its own asterisk to see if that helps.

We will also disconnect it from the wiring connector to see if somehow one of the extensions is doing something unpleasant

But any tips would be great. Apologies for changing the topic but I can't find anything out there to give me a clue to an electrical issue.

All wisdom appreciated

Thanks very much