[asterisk-users] Setting span orders with Astribank and Sangoma A101

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Jun 11 07:00:17 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 10:10:29PM +1200, Duncan Turnbull wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just a quick check on the best way to ensure multiple cards/devices load in the correct order.
>
> Asterisk 1.8 with Sangoma A101 had no problems until we introduced an Astribank.
>
> root at pabx377:/etc/asterisk# dahdi_hardware -v
>
> usb:001/004          xpp_usb+     e4e4:1162 Astribank-modular FPGA-firmware
>
>  LABEL=[usb:X1060395]       CONNECTOR=@usb-0000:00:1d.7-3
>
>             XBUS-00/XPD-00: FXS      (14)  Span 2
>
>             XBUS-00/XPD-10: FXS      (8)   Span 3
>
>             XBUS-00/XPD-20: FXS      (8)   Span 4
>
>             XBUS-00/XPD-30: FXS      (8)   Span 5
>
> pci:0000:05:00.0     wanpipe-     1923:0300 Sangoma Technologies Corp. A101 single-port T1/E1
>

> But now they have changed order after reboot to 1-4 and I am guessing that makes the A101 span 5 but I want to make these setting permanent
>
> I see mention of  /etc/dahdi/xpp_order and dahdi_genconf xpporder but will that help me set the spans within Dahdi so they always appear on the same number

The word "load" is not the correct one here. The Astribank's span will
only appear once you run 'dahdi_registration on' . Normally this happens
in the dahdi init script, but you can tweak it to happen elsewhere.

Another option: if Dahdi 2.6 is an option (no idea if Sangoma supports
it): that version has an option to reserve span numbers explicitly for
specific hardware devices. With this we can do away with relying on the
load order. This is considered experimental (and I wonder how its
scriptary interacts with the Sangoma scriptary).

http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/#_span_assignments , but there
are better ways.

Let me know what you want to do.

--