[asterisk-users] Get voicemail box password from dialplan?

Chet W. Stevens cwstevens at interact.ccsd.net
Mon Jun 11 10:34:03 CDT 2012

I would like to be able to use the dialing extension's voicemail box password to authenticate or as a PIN code in the dialplan. Is there a best method for doing this? I could use AGI scripting but I was hoping there was a built-in dialplan means for
doing this. I have used VMAuthenticate but I would like more flexibility than what this offers.

Also, related to this question; is there a "best" or recommended method to determine the dialing extensions voice mail box? I have been using variations of ${CUT(CHANNEL,-,1)} which does work but I just have to be aware of how I name my devices.

Thank you for your help.