[asterisk-users] Get voicemail box password from dialplan?

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 11:25:49 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Chet W. Stevens
<cwstevens at interact.ccsd.net> wrote:
> Also, related to this question; is there a "best" or recommended method to
> determine the dialing extensions voice mail box? I have been using
> variations of ${CUT(CHANNEL,-,1)} which does work but I just have to be
> aware of how I name my devices.

I use the following method to get the mailbox for a peer under 1.4:

exten => *98,n,Set(peer=${SIPCHANINFO(peername)}) ; Get the peer
exten => *98,n,Set(mailbox=${SIPPEER(${peer},mailbox)}); Get the mailbox

I dont know about it being the best or recommended method but I've yet
to have it break on me.

---Heinlein