[asterisk-users] SIP/GSM-gateway recommendation?

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Thu Jul 26 03:03:35 CDT 2012

Hello Stefan Gofferje,

> can anybody recommend a priceworthy SIP/GSM-gateway that's known to work
> flawlessly with asterisk?

Normaly, an USB Stick Huawei K3765-HV would be enough...  However, under
Linux I had problems with the stability and now use the same stick  with
the Vodafone EasyBox 803A in which I stick the Huawei  and  then  use  a
multiport ISDN card in my Server to connect it.

> Should especially support CLIP/CLIR in both directions and it would be
> perfect if it would send notifications e.g. if the incoming call is
> diverted or if the remote party puts me on hold.

How do you wan to detect, if the remote party put you on hold?

AFAIK there is nothing in the GSM Protocol/Specs

> I don't favor GSM-PCI-cards because I'm just building a new asterisk
> based an an Atom board in a small casing.

If you use more then one USB-Stick, you will have to use an  USB  TT-Hub
or seperated USB ports on your board.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack

               Internet Service Provider, Cloud Computing
                <http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>

itsystems at tdnet                     Jabber  linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de
Owner Michelle Konzack

Gewerbe Strasse 3                   Tel office: +49-176-86004575
77694 Kehl                          Tel mobil:  +49-177-9351947
Germany                             Tel mobil:  +33-6-61925193  (France)

USt-ID:  DE 278 049 239