[asterisk-users] PBX, IVR and Conferencing Platforms From the Same Installation of Asterisk

Kannan vasdeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 03:22:09 CDT 2012

Thanks Leandro for your reply. See my comments inline.

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Leandro Dardini <ldardini at gmail.com>wrote:

> 15k users are quite a big number. To my clients with a large user base I
> advice always to partition the load on multiple servers. This has a list of
> advantages, like the ability to power cycle a node without impacting all
> your users, easier debug and tests of problems and solutions, abiity to
> scale up to higher number of peers without changing the overall
> architecture. Obviously you need a software to manage the multi tenant PBX
> with asterisk and a special setup to handle the high availability and load
> balanced configuration.

According to some articles in the Internet, 15000 users is a big number
when Asterisk handles SIP registrations. That is why I planned to use
OpenSIP for SIP registrations.

In our architecture, two instances of OpenSIP and three instances of
Asterisk will handle the load -- both signaling and media. hardware wise,
we will be using 3 Nos. of DL 380 servers. Another one is used for
redundancy.

Yes, I was asking if multi tenancy is possible with Asterisk PBX?

> About the fax license, yes, Digium provides fax solutions at cheap prices.
> However it depends by what you need. If you need T.38 support, Digium fax
> for asterisk can be the answer, if instead you just need a fax2mail and
> mail2fax solution, not involving T.38, I always suggest a T1/E1/J1 ISDN
> network card, far more reliable than a software fax.

For Fax, we will be using Asterisk as a mediator between Fax terminals and
SBC. That is Asterisk itself does not handle the RTP stream for Fax. It is
just proxying the SIP signals for Fax. Do I need to but Fax licence?

Regards,
Kannan.