[asterisk-users] PBX, IVR and Conferencing Platforms From the Same Installation of Asterisk

Leandro Dardini ldardini at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:27:34 CDT 2012

15k users are quite a big number. To my clients with a large user base I
advice always to partition the load on multiple servers. This has a list of
advantages, like the ability to power cycle a node without impacting all
your users, easier debug and tests of problems and solutions, abiity to
scale up to higher number of peers without changing the overall
architecture. Obviously you need a software to manage the multi tenant PBX
with asterisk and a special setup to handle the high availability and load
balanced configuration.

About the fax license, yes, Digium provides fax solutions at cheap prices.
However it depends by what you need. If you need T.38 support, Digium fax
for asterisk can be the answer, if instead you just need a fax2mail and
mail2fax solution, not involving T.38, I always suggest a T1/E1/J1 ISDN
network card, far more reliable than a software fax.

Leandro